As part of University Housing, the committee for Diversity and Inclusion was created to uphold AU Housing’s mission and values. The Diversity and Inclusion committee is committed to the growth and development of our department and residents’ cultural understanding through an inclusive environment. Within this committee, we aim to enhance cultural understanding, social connections, education, and responsibility, while maintaining a “safe, welcoming, and inclusive” environment.
“Living on campus is a core part of Auburn University’s tradition.” Focusing on AU Housing values, the mission of AU Housing’s Diversity and Inclusion committee is to value the uniqueness of all people, cultures, and perspectives through programming and services that promote diversity and inclusivity for our department, professional staff, and current and future residents.
We have a commitment to our principles to:
- Ensure that diversity and inclusion is a valued essential goal of the department, students, and staff.
- Help create and maintain an inclusive work environment for all student and professional staff members.
- Provide a bias-free environment that ensures diversity, equity, and access for all.
- Challenge ourselves and our department to respect the free expression of all individuals.
- Foster communication and practices that enhance the education of identity, culture, and self-expression.
- Create and implement diverse and inclusive programs, services, policies, and procedures that are socially and culturally relevant.