The residence halls close at 9:00 AM CT on Saturday, March 5th.
Residents should take everything they need over the break with them. Residents will not have card swipe access to the buildings and will not be allowed to re-enter the residence hall during the break.
Before leaving all residents must complete the following:
- Take all valuables – computers, books, money, medications, athletic uniforms, tickets, etc.
- Remove any personal property from the floor
- Unplug all items plugged into a surge protector including electrical appliances, clocks, computers, etc.
- Note, you do not need to unplug your mini-fridge.
- Clean all dishes and dispose of perishable or unprotected food
- Remove all trash and recycling from the hall
- If residents have an HVAC unit, set it to “low” and make sure all items are moved at least two feet away from the unit
- Turn off all water and be sure the toilet is flushed and not running
- Turn off all lights
- Close and lock all windows
- Leave window blinds down and closed
- Close and lock door(s)
- Be sure to remember keys and Tiger Card
After the halls close, hall staff will enter all student rooms to verify residents followed all closing procedures listed above. Staff will document any prohibited items that are a violation of the Community Standards listed in the Guide to Residential Living. Examples of prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Full or empty alcohol containers (this includes bottles that might be used as decorations)
- Drug paraphernalia
- Candles with a burnt wick
- Extension cords
Be aware that maintenance personnel may enter rooms during the break period for scheduled or emergency repairs.
Auburn University Housing assumes no liability for damages to items resulting from heat, water leaks, or electrical problems. All items should be stored properly, removed from the floor, and all valuables should be removed from the room when residents leave.
The residence halls will open for spring semester at 12:00pm (noon) CT on Sunday, March 13, 2022.